The Musa Germplasm Information System (MGIS) team at Bioversity International and its MusaNet partners are very pleased to announce the launch of the new and improved MGIS website! The purpose of this work was to provide the most comprehensive information related to Musa germplasm accessions maintained in the global in vitro collection at Bioversity’s International Transit Centre (ITC) in Leuven, Belgium.
The new website contains several significant improvements, including:
• visible recognition and acknowledgement of the many and different Data Providers
• up-to-date data from collections that signed the Data Sharing Agreement (DSA)
• display of diversity trees based on molecular markers and information from several studies and results from the Musa Genotyping Centre in the Czech Republic
Other functional changes are:
1. all information on a single accession can be viewed in one page
2. taxonomic content of each collection is summarized graphically
3. easier data filtering
4. insertion of diversity studies based on molecular markers (SSR, DArT and SNP)
5. users can share comments on any accession
6. accessions can be requested online via the Musa Online Requesting system with a modified interface (requires to register/create a new account on the website).
The new version, more informative and user friendly, is available from the database page in this website or directly from here. The site will continue to evolve in terms of features and content.
Do not hesitate to contact the team with your feedback, comments or questions.